Edward F. Kafader
Edward F. Kafader // Associate
Mr. Kafader was born in Wilmington, Delaware. After law school he served as a Deputy Attorney General for the State of Delaware from 1977-1985. Mr. Kafader was director of the State’s civil litigation unit while at the Delaware Department of Justice. Civil litigation has been the mainstay of Mr. Kafader’s private practice as well.
Major clients have included Nationwide Mutual Insurance Company, State Farm Mutual Automobile Insurance Company and State Farm Fire and Casualty Company. Mr. Kafader is listed in the AM Best’s Directory of Insurance Attorneys. Mr. Kafader’s practice also includes the field of wills, trusts and estate work and he also currently serves as an attorney for the Delaware State Senate.
U.S. District Court, District of Delaware, (1977)
Third Circuit Court of Appeals (1979)
U.S. Supreme Court (1980)
University of Delaware (B.S., 1971)
Villanova University (J.D., 1976)
Delaware Bar Association
1. Severns v. Wilmington Medical Center, et al., 421 A. 2d 1334 (Del. 1980)
2. Pagano v. Hadley, et al., D. Del. 535 F. Supp. 92 (1982)
3. Oakes v. Megaw, Del. Supr., 565 A.2d 914 (1989)
4. Wilmington United Neighborhoods v. Medical Center of Delaware, et al., D. Del. 458 F. Supp. 628 (1978) and 615 F. 2d 112 (1980)
5. Gier v. Kananen, Del. Supr., 628 A.2d 83 (1993)
6. Wilhelm v. Ryan, 903 A. 2d. 745 (Del. 2005)