Anthony J. Testa, Jr., Esquire
Anthony J. Testa, Jr., Esquire // Of Counsel
Tony Testa is Special Counsel to the firm advising clients on matters including estate planning, trusts, taxes, limited liability companies, partnerships and on many other business matters.
Tony was born and raised in Philadelphia and has been a Delaware resident for more than 25 years. Tony majored in accounting and received his Bachelor's degree with honors and his Master's in Business Administration from the University of Miami in Coral Gables, Florida. Tony received his law degree with honors from Widener University Delaware Law School where he served as a Senior Staff Member of and published author in The Delaware Journal of Corporate Law. Tony is a member of the Delaware, Pennsylvania and New Jersey Bar Associations and is the former Chair of the Tax Section of the Delaware Bar Association. Tony is also a Certified Mediator (by the Superior Court of the State of Delaware) and he is licensed to practice as a Certified Public Accountant in Delaware (by the Delaware Board of Accountancy) and in Florida (by the Florida Board of Accountancy).
Tony’s multi-disciplinary experience creates an exceptional ability to synthesize personal and business objectives with legal, tax and financial considerations.
Tony's professional experience spans over 30 years and includes “Big 4” public accounting, practicing law, serving in various corporate leadership roles, working with family businesses and high net worth individuals and providing nationwide advisory and C-level services to private equity firms and their operating companies*.
At Ferry Joseph, Tony’s services include:
- drafting estate planning documents including wills, trusts (revocable, irrevocable, dynasty and directed trusts), advance health care directives (“living wills”), and durable personal powers of attorney;
- working with clients and their advisors across the country to decant (transfer the situs of) trusts to Delaware and to modify trusts to take advantage of Delaware’s favorable trust law;
- designing and evaluating income and wealth transfer tax minimization strategies;
- strategic, business and intergenerational succession planning;
- income, trust and estate tax planning and tax audit representation;
- counseling Trustees, Trust Protectors, Investment Advisers and Administrative Trustees;
- advising and assisting clients with business mergers, acquisitions, sales, and related due diligence and integration activities; and,
- serving as a mediator and providing advisory services related to arbitration, mediation and neutral case assessment actions involving business and commercial transaction disputes.
New Jersey (2002)
United States Tax Court
United States District Court for the District of Delaware
United States District Court for the District of New Jersey
University of Miami (B.B.A., cum laude, accounting)
University of Miami (M.B.A.)
Widener University Delaware Law School (J.D., cum laude, 2000)
Delaware State Bar Association (DSBA)
American Bar Association
Former Chair, DSBA Section of Taxation
American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
Former Board member, Delaware Society of CPAs (DSCPA)
Former Chair, DSCPA Committee on Professional Ethics
Former Chair, DSCPA Tax Committee
Former President, DSCPA PAC
Former, Governor-appointed Chair, Delaware Manufactured Home Relocation Authority
PUBLICATIONS & PRESENTATIONS
Authored many articles published nationally in professional journals including: The Delaware Journal of Corporate Law. The CPA Journal. The Pennsylvania CPA Journal. The Encyclopedia of Private Equity and Venture Capital.
Presented dozens of speaking engagements to business owners, professionals and general audiences on topics including: Tax Cuts and Jobs Act of 2017. Financial Statement Analysis. Legal Aspects of Doing Business in Delaware. Trusts. Business Succession. Wealth Transfer Planning. Delaware Holding Companies. Escheat.
Participated often in drafting new and revising existing legislation.
*Although licensed as a Certified Public Accountant, Mr. Testa does not provide services as a Certified Public Accountant at Ferry Joseph, P.A.
Areas of Practice //
Business Litigation, Business Planning, Formation and Documentation, Contract & Business Matters, Commercial Law, Commercial Litigation, Corporate Formation and Documentation, Estate Administration, Trusts & Estates, Wills & Trusts, Estate Planning and Estate Administration & Probate